
I figured there was no time like the present to start a blog than when I have a whole week at the beach to do absolutely NOTHING! I have spring break from school, and Stephen took a week's vacation to be with my family at Cape San Blas, Florida...ever heard of it? Me neither! The beach is 57 miles south of Panama City Beach. It is a somewhat isolated beach. My brothers and I would have hated this place as teenagers, but let me tell you it is awesome. We love the feeling of being away from everyday life for seven days. My family: mom, dad, Rob, Merideth (SIL), Ryan, and me and Stephen have rented a 5-bedroom, 4 1/2 bath beach house. A condo is not big enough to hold our ever-growing family these days.
We have laid by the pool, walked on the beach, read, slept, ate, played games, and ate some more! My oldest brother would not be happy unless I mentioned the fact that he won a very competitive round of Monopoly. My SIL swears that she has never been a part of such a fierce game! She said Monopoly should be a part of pre-marital counseling for the passion it brings out in people. Here we are looking cordial. The game probably just started..
Yesterday, I saw a snake for the first time in its natural habitat!!! For anyone who knows me, you know that my #1 fear in life is ANY kind of snake. I was walking out the beach-house door to meet my mom and Mer at the pool when my brothers pointed to the driveway at the 5 foot snake. I immediately did a 180 and jumped back in the house and locked the door. My husband came after me once the snake crossed the driveway into the next yard. He kept banging on the door, but I was all the way on the top floor of the house. He thought my reaction was a bit dramatic. He kept saying, "Did you think the snake was going to crawl up the door and unlock it?" In my moment of panic, I really wasn't sure!! I was informed that this snake was actually a "good" snake. Is there such a thing? Apparently it eats rats and creatures of the like. He just kept rolling his eyes at me as I pleaded with him to walk me to the pool that was fifty feet away...just in case the non-poisonous snake decided to come after me. At least, I have faced one of my worst fears in life, but I can't say that I am any less afraid of snakes.
I am really enjoying my time at the beach with my family. We are having a wonderful time together. Who knows...this may be one of the the last times we have vacation without little ones running around!!!
We have laid by the pool, walked on the beach, read, slept, ate, played games, and ate some more! My oldest brother would not be happy unless I mentioned the fact that he won a very competitive round of Monopoly. My SIL swears that she has never been a part of such a fierce game! She said Monopoly should be a part of pre-marital counseling for the passion it brings out in people. Here we are looking cordial. The game probably just started..
Yesterday, I saw a snake for the first time in its natural habitat!!! For anyone who knows me, you know that my #1 fear in life is ANY kind of snake. I was walking out the beach-house door to meet my mom and Mer at the pool when my brothers pointed to the driveway at the 5 foot snake. I immediately did a 180 and jumped back in the house and locked the door. My husband came after me once the snake crossed the driveway into the next yard. He kept banging on the door, but I was all the way on the top floor of the house. He thought my reaction was a bit dramatic. He kept saying, "Did you think the snake was going to crawl up the door and unlock it?" In my moment of panic, I really wasn't sure!! I was informed that this snake was actually a "good" snake. Is there such a thing? Apparently it eats rats and creatures of the like. He just kept rolling his eyes at me as I pleaded with him to walk me to the pool that was fifty feet away...just in case the non-poisonous snake decided to come after me. At least, I have faced one of my worst fears in life, but I can't say that I am any less afraid of snakes.
I am really enjoying my time at the beach with my family. We are having a wonderful time together. Who knows...this may be one of the the last times we have vacation without little ones running around!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment