Saturday, April 18, 2009

Putting Things Into Perspective...

As soon as a well rested Stephen and I returned home from the beach, we had a very busy week! We started Easter Sunday off with a day trip to Columbus, after church, to see Stephen's extended family. Wednesday-Friday, I had CRCT testing. CRCT is an annual test given to public school students in Georgia. It makes for a very strenuous week for students, teachers, and parents. If you are lucky enough to be a 1st or 2nd grade teacher, you get to read the entire three-hour test aloud to your students...note the sarcasm:). It is also when teachers lose sleep at night praying their students remember everything they've learned that year. I also came down with a sinus infection. By the end of each testing day, I lost my voice from sinus trouble and reading the test. Thursday was Stephen's birthday, but it was also our Mother/Daughter Banquet at church. I am the Girls' Ministry Director at our church, so Thursday was pretty action-packed. I ended the crazy week finishing report cards right before they were sent home Friday afternoon. Whew, I am getting fatigued again as I sit here and review the past seven days!!!

Throughout the week, I was so overwhelmed, I did what a lot of people do. I began to complain and feel sorry for myself. By Thursday, God really convicted me of my attitude. I will tell you the Holy Spirit is very powerful. I did not even realize all the things I should be grateful for in spite of the craziness. So here is a list of all that I am thankful to God for this week....

1. Health...sinus trouble and allergies are very minuscule...NO BIG DEAL!!! Nothing a little sleep and sudaphed can't fix!

2. A Job.... I am grateful that I can wake up each morning and be at a school with the best co-workers...and get paid to teach the funniest and most-loving 7 and 8 year olds!

3. Family...ALL the "Fabulous Fountains" we got to see Sunday that we have not seen in a long time, my wonderful mom who spoke at our Mother/Daughter banquet for nothing and did an AWESOME job, and my husband who loves me unconditionally, supports me in everything, and gave up his birthday to help me at the M/D Banquet (not every husband would do that) Happy 25th Birthday Stephen. I love you!

4. MOST OF ALL...A Risen Lord...salvation and eternity with my Savior. Thank you Jesus for dying for my sins and rising on that blessed third day!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Erin!! Hey girl! It has been SO long! I love that I can now read about your exciting life on your blog :D Love you and miss you!