Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Movin On Up!

Stephen and I have officially begun house hunting!!! I have been waiting for this for quite some time. We actually started looking around at houses a year ago when we thought our rent might go up. We just couldn't justify paying a house payment for an apartment. Our rent only went up $10, so we decided to sign a lease for one more year since I was about to start teaching and it was still just the two of us. I absolutely love our apartment, but the house itch has been coming on strong over the past few months. I think it is innate in every woman to settle into her own family home at some point and give it a woman's special touch! We knew we wanted to stay close to the interstate to make traveling to and from church easy, but we also want to stay in the Hall/Jackson County area to be close to my school. After some searching, I believe we have found the house with mine and Stephen's name ALL over it! A few Saturdays ago, we were at my inlaws celebrating Stephen's belated birthday. The boys left to go to the Gwinnett Braves game, so I asked my Mother-In-Law if she wanted to ride around and look at houses with me. We found a house in a neighborhood I had been eyeing. This is going to sound weird, but while I liked a lot of the houses we had looked at, I felt drawn to this house in a way...silly I know! Of course, the house was locked, but we peeked through the windows and fell in love with what we could see. Stephen and I went back a few days later and went in the house. We love the layout, the price, the location, etc., etc., etc.!!! The house is the exactly what we need. It is in Braselton (Jackson County), is only 5 minutes from my school, and is a little less than 2 and 1/2 miles off of I85. Stephen literally clocked it on his GPS! We are praying over this decision! Buying this house will make for a VERY busy summer, but I am ready to accept the challenge!!We shall see what happens in the days to come!

No comments: