Well, I officially made it through the first week of my second year as a teacher. It was hectic, but I was definitely more prepared than last year. I have a great class, and they are all sweethearts. One of my students brought me a plant with a card from his parents telling me they were praying I had a great year, and that God would bless me! Wow! That is such an encouragement coming from a parent of one of your students! I do not take that for granted. I do, however, miss my old students, especially when they come to visit me in the morning. I am trying to remember that my last year's students were just like my current students at the beginning of last year. As a teacher, you definitely become attached to your students because they are with you every day for almost a year.
The week was fun but very exhausting. Every night around eight o'clock, I slipped into a seemingly trance-like state. No more late nights for me! For whatever reason, when I am tired I become emotional. I have been this way my whole life and cannot explain it. On Saturday, I was still very fatigued. Stephen and I were watching TV. Land Before Time was on, and I started to watch it out of curiosity. Why you ask?...because I loved this movie as a kid, and hadn't seen it in years. Well, there is a scene in the movie when Little Foot's mother dies after saving he and Sarah from Sharp Tooth, and I kid you not I began to cry. I don't mean my eyeballs starting sweating. There were actual tears flowing from my eyes. Stephen kept staring at me with a look on his face that read, you have got to be kidding me! He kept saying, "Seriously? Over a cartoon?" Like I said, I can't explain it, but this is just me! Hopefully I can get back into a good sleep routine, so I won't have anymore silly crying episodes.
Off to prepare for another school week!
Day 30: "My Everything" and "Always Enough"
10 years ago

2 comments:
I forget how much we are alike. I so had that day in the past...Stephen's comment-SOOO WESTON! I love it, and you;)
Yay, I found your blog! I too become over-the-top emotional when I'm tired, which basically means I am emotional all the time. :) So glad we're blog friends now.
Post a Comment