Last Friday I "graduated" to 16 weeks. My mom kept saying, "I just can't believe you're 16 weeks!" I actually had my 16 week appointment on this day. Stephen has made it to every single appointment but was unable to go with me. We had FREEDOM this past weekend at our church, which is similar to Disciple Now Weekend. He was at the church all day. He hated to not go, but my Mom was able to go in his place. She was very excited, and I was thrilled to have her with me. It was a quick check. Dr. Wiist said everything looks great. We got to her my baby's heartbeat again. It was the same sound, but it almost seemed stronger and louder. It didn't take Dr. Wiist very long to find it this time. I have to say that I am utterly amazed at how he can find the baby with his hand and know exactly where to put the doppler. I always want to ask him to show me how he does that! Dr. Wiist asked me if I had any intuitions about the gender. To be honest, I don't want to say either way because I hate to be wrong. I am sure my husband would second that! We scheduled our 20 week appointment. I am most excited about this appointment because we will find out if we our having a son or daughter. I was able to make it for February 12th. I will be exactly 20 weeks on this day. I am amazed that this baby's gender has already been determined, and only the Lord knows what it is right now! My mom will tell you that I was absolutely giddy leaving the office. I kept saying, "the next time I leave this office I will know what this baby is!!!"
Here is my (semi) weekly update...
How far along? 16 Weeks 4 days
Maternity clothes? All I am wearing these days! The picture in the last post was taken the last day I wore regular jeans. It was right before my mom and I went shopping. I tried on a pair of jeans at Motherhood Maternity. They felt great! My mom poked her head out the dressing room and told the lady I would be leaving in those jeans because I couldn't make it anymore! :) My mom and I had so much fun! We could not stop laughing at the pregnancy "belly" they give you to try on clothes. I got some great pants and shirts. My SIL Mallory gave me her clothes to borrow, and my SIL Merideth gave me clothes a friend had given her. I am good to go until spring!
Stretch marks? Not yet! Although, there is no hiding this belly anymore! It is stretching! I am glad because it is nice to not feel like I am just pudgy.
Sleep? I have actually had some trouble with sleep in the past few weeks. I keep waking up to change positions. The Dr. told me to get used to it. :) I know it probably won't get better, and I'm sure I will wonder what sleep even is once the baby is here!
Movement? Ok...I am pretty sure I have been feeling little butterflies. They only happen once in a while. I am still not 100% sure if these flutters are the baby, but I can tell you I have never felt sensations like this before. My mom has told me my instincts are probably right. I cannot wait until I am really sure and Stephen can feel them too!
Food cravings/aversions? Bring on the fruit! Stephen is constantly laughing at the ever-gowing produce department in our fridge. I still can't eat hearty meals all at once. I really love fried rice. I actually went to a Japanese restaurant and asked for soup, salad, and FRIED RICE!!! It was so yummy and much cheaper than adding meat which would be a waste of money since meat is not the easiest to eat, or digest for that matter.
Gender prediction? Well...since I don't like to be wrong, I am thinking boy or girl. HA! In all honesty, I have days when I think this baby is a girl and then days when I am sure it is a boy. February 12th will be when we know for sure! I cannot tell you how much time I spend on the internet looking at nursery decor. I will be thrilled when I can narrow it down to one gender.
Biggest pregnancy complaint/discomfort: INDIGESTION!!! It seems as though I am literally getting indigestion while I am eating. It does not even wait for me to finish. Oh well! :)
Best moment this week: Hearing the baby's heartbeat again was pretty special. I really get overwhelmed (in a good way) at time when I think about the fact that there is actual life forming inside of me. It is only something the hand of God could do. I feel so humbled and emotional when I think about this little life that God is entrusting to Stephen and myself. Scheduling our 20 week ultrasound was also pretty exciting!
Stay tuned for more updates!!! :) Until then, Stephen and I still covet your prayers for this little baby!
Day 30: "My Everything" and "Always Enough"
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment