Friday, January 1, 2010

14 Weeks Today!!!





Whew, is all I can say to the last few weeks. It seems like today is the first time Stephen and I have been able to do absolutely nothing. Life has been crazy. I had all intentions of updating every single week. We have been in and out of town for various reasons. We began our Christmas Break in Columbus. Stephen's Uncle Mike passed away. Uncle Mike was like Stephen's Grandad on his dad's side. He never knew his grandfather, and Uncle Mike took that role upon himself It was a difficult time for Stephen. We do know where Uncle Mike is and take great comfort in that. Stephen was privileged to do part of the funeral service, and that was pretty special for him. My last memory of Uncle Mike was at the Fountain Thanksgiving Party. He was asking us how the pregnancy was going. I told him if I could just get past this "morning sickness" all would be great. So how did he respond, by standing there with is arms around myself and Stephen, praying over my pregnancy and nausea. Here was a man who was in extreme pain and dying from cancer, praying for my nausea. Needless to say, I felt a little humbled by this.

On Friday, December 18th (exactly 12 weeks), Stephen and I were able to finally meet Dr. Wiist. Stephen liked him a lot. He definitely put me at ease. At this appointment we got to hear our baby's heartbeat! It took Dr. Wiist a few seconds to find the heartbeat because our baby was being such a wiggle worm. This baby is already taking after his/her Daddy! Dr. Wiist found the heartbeart, and it wasn't what I quite expected. It sounded like...whoosh, whoosh, whoosh. It was such a neat sound! I was utterly amazed! Stephen kept laughing the whole time we were listening. I think he is already so proud of this child! Dr. Wiist said everything looked great.

We also got a call form my endocrinologist on this day. After reviewing the bloodwork I had given Monday, I would be reducing my medicine to one pill a day. I was very excited! I will go back the first week in 2010 to determine a plan for the 2nd trimester. The Dr. wants to see me in my 14th week. We are praying for good results. :)

This survey will be a summary of the last few weeks since I have fell off the blog world during the last half of December....

How far along? 13 Weeks 6 days (I did this survey a few days before I published it)

Maternity clothes? Getting pretty close to needing maternity pants. The rubberband trick will only last for so long. I am going shopping with my mom on Sunday for new clothes. Hopefully we will find some "short people" pants.

Stretch marks? Still no! The belly hasn't stretched very far at this point for that.

Sleep: I have actually had the energy to stay up later over Christmas Break, but I am still finding myself taking cat naps here and there. I have also been waking up before my alarm clock in intense, feed me now, hunger!

Movement: Not yet! I have been told that can happen as early as 14 weeks, but is more common for a first-time mom to feel movement closer to 18 weeks.

Food cravings/aversions: I still really don't like milk. I had to buy Soy milk, so I could eat cereal and get calcium. I actually like Soy milk though. I really like sandwiches and fruit. Party food/appetizers are also delicious. I don't get a big kick out of big hearty meals. They make me feel sick!

Gender prediction: Everyone is telling me it's a girl. I guess we will find out in a few months. I can't say I would be disappointed with that! :)

Biggest pregnancy complaint/discomfort: Still gagging! I have also started experiencing round ligament pain. I feel it the most when I get out of bed or cough/sneeze. It's not really a complaint because it let's me know my body is beginning to make room for this baby. Nasal stuffiness and congestion roared its ugly head over Christmas break. Everything in my nose has been so much more swollen since I have been pregnant.

Best moment this week: Having my prenatal workout DVDs delivered. This may seem silly, but I opened one right away and worked out. I worked out in the very beginning of this pregnancy and just got to where I feel like working out again. This baby has already begun to take residency in my round face. Haha! I figured I could at least work out and try to keep everything else up. During Christmas week, we also had so much fun getting gifts for our baby. Our family already loves this baby so much. I was so giddy opening all the cute teeny baby things.

I am really excited about the weeks to come and the possiblity of getting to feel the baby soon! On January 15th, I meet with Dr. Wiist again for a checkup. I feel so blessed and thankful to be carrying this baby. I am thrilled to be the mommy of this baby!  :)

1 comment:

The Spears said...

How exciting Erin! I love these survey's. We have our second sonogram on the 12th but still won't see Dr. Wiist until the week of the 19th. ( I guess because I am higher risk they are watching us every other week so they feel like lot's of sonograms is the best for us right now) I remember the gagging stuff so much. I have had a little of that, but it hasn't been as bad as it was last time yet. Not looking forward to it at all.
Hope you have a great week 14!!