Wednesday, December 9, 2009

10 Week Survey

I have had several friends who have done this on their blogs, and I always enjoyed reading their updates. I am doing this so I can look back on it for memories...

How far along? 10 Weeks 5 days



Maternity clothes? Not quite yet. I think I am just bloated...Hehe! But seriously I can't drink water without getting bloated or getting indigestion!


Stretch marks? Not at this point.


Sleep: Loving it! I am not passing out at 8:00 like I was a few weeks ago, but I think the couch and I have become one. I dont feel sick when I wake up in the morning just raveonously hungry!

Movement: Not yet! That will be awhile.

Food cravings/aversions: I actually have an appetite back. The weeks before this nothing sounded or smelled good. It was difficult to eat ANYTHING! Right now, I absolutely love oranges...especially if they are straight out of the fridge. This is the same with orange juice. Milk smells spoiled no matter how fresh it is. This is weird to me because I loved, loved, loved to drink milk. My favorite food group, chocolate, was also tasting like bark. Not that I have ever tasted bark, but when I eat an M&M this is what I picture. I'm not saying I didn't believe pregnant women when they used to tell me all these crazy things. I just thought it was weird, and I would always think, is that true? Well, let me tell you...IT IS!!!

Gender prediction: Everyone is telling me it's a girl. I guess we will find out in a few months. I can't say I would be disappointed with that! :)

Biggest pregnancy complaint/discomfort: Gagging on my thyroid meds. every morning and when I smell something I don't like, feeling like I have the flu every single night (night sickness is the new morning sickess), the smell of my Flinstones, and the smell when I open the fridge and pantry door. I have to put my shirt over my nose and mouth. This must be the the mixture of all the foods together.

Best moment this week: Having my mom bring me some maternity clothes she bought me. I can't wait to wear them. I am sure they will be much more comfy than regular clothes. I bought a pair of khakis the other week. I wore the pants to school on a day when I was particularly bloated. I wondered all day why all pants weren't made like this! :) Also, telling my students at school. Since measurement is one of our standards, I asked them to make a reasonable estimate on the size of the baby. The best guesses were 1/2 - 2 in. I did get a couple guesses like 36 in. (1 yard) and 23 inches. I mean honestly! :)

I did see my endocrinologist last Thursday. Apparently, I was taking so many meds., my body went into hypothyroid. I was thinking this could be the case because I had been gaining more weight than I should have been at this point, and I wasn't eating a lot either. Now I am down to 2 pills a day instead of 6...woohoo! I have to give blood every 14 days. The goal is to have me off my meds by the 2nd trimester. This is when many women with Graves' Disease go into remission naturally. This would be great if it happened to me! We are praying that my levels level out, so we continue to have a healthy baby! The Dr. told us that I am still at a higher rate of miscarriage than the average woman. We know that this baby is the Lord's, and it is still in His hands! Of course, our prayer is for the baby to continue growing on target and to be healthy!

No comments: