Wednesday, June 2, 2010

35 Weeks 5 Days...

How far along? 35 weeks 5 Days

Maternity clothes? Some of my once comfy shirts are getting a little tighter, especially towards the bottom.

Stretch marks? Still tiny marks restricted to the sides of my hips.

Sleep: Pretty much non-existent before 12 AM every night. Once I finally fall asleep, I will wake up 3-4 times to use the bathroom or because my throat is on fire. It's become a way of life! Stephen told me that the acid reflux noises in my throat sound like there is a dinosaur in in our bed. He just looks at me and say, "I know, I'm sorry." It is too sweet! Stephen is away at beach camp this week. He is probably not getting much sleep, but his quality of sleep is probably pretty good considering there is not a huge pregnant woman with insomnia taking over his bed.

Best moment this month: Just making it further along in the pregnancy. We are getting very close to the doctor's goal of 36 weeks! :) Of course, if all is good at 36 weeks, we will continue until I am full-term. My etsy order finally came in, so the nursery is pretty much complete! All it needs is a beautiful little girl!

Movement: Oh Yeah! This little girl loves to stretch. In fact, her mommy's favorite movement is when she kicks a leg into my rib and a fist into my bladder simultaneously over and over again! It still amazes me though. There are days when I still think is there really a little human being inside me? I actually have a spot on my tummy that is quite sore from where she likes to kick. It feels like a pulled muscle...ALL worth it!

Food cravings: Still loving sandwiches and ice cream.

Gender: GIRL! I hope she likes pink and green. I will post pictures of the nursery soon!

Labor Signs: I think I may have had some braxon hick's. If that is what I am having, they are very sporadic and very subtle. I hope I don't start having strong braxton hick's and mistake them for labor...

Belly Button in or out? I wouldn't say that it is out, more like flattened. In the morning, it is still shallow.

Wedding rings on or off? Still on! They get a little tight when I have been outside because it is so hot and humid right now.

What I miss: My thinner face, manageable hair, sleeping without acid reflux, walking around a store and not feeling like I have to sit down after five minutes from breathlessness and an aching back.

What I am looking forward to: The day Miss Emma decides to arrives...whether she comes on her own or the Dr. decides it is time. I am hoping he gives us a date next week if everything is still going good!

Weekly Wisdom: Hang out with my husband as much as possible, sleep when I can, finish thank yous

Milestones: Finishing the nursery (pictures to come soon) Making it closer and closer to full-term!!! Getting through each Doctor's appointment with good results. I cannot believe I will be in the 9th month this Friday...pure craziness!

1 comment:

Rachel Layfield said...

I love what stephe says to you...precious! I love reading these-it is almost as if you compied my blog from Wyatt;) Soul sisters.