I am sitting here in bed and Stephen has drifted off to sleep. I am surprised that we are actually in bed at 10:15. I cannot stay up long because my alarm will be going off at approximately 4:30, in the AM! I have to call the hospital at 5:00 to make sure 6:00 is go time. I pray there are enough delivery rooms, and we don't get pushed back.
There have been so many emotions running through my head today: joy, anxiousness, fear, etc. I am pretty sure I have just about covered them all. I have many worries.. Will Emma be okay? Will my BP stay down for a safe delivery? I am have constantly been reminded today that tomorrow is in God's hands. He is already there, and he is in ultimate control. I am also a little scared of the pain...ha!
My heart is overflowing knowing that tomorrow (hopefully), if not the next day, we will be holding our precious little girl in our arms. We will be meeting the very little girl we have been praying for for the past nine months. The little girl who made it passed the first trimester and has stayed in her mother's womb to term! Praise the Lord! I keep wondering what she will look like and what her first cry will sound like. I know that this child was formed by God just for our family. I feel like I have been in a constant state of surrealness (yes, that is a made up word). My SIL asked me today what it felt like to know our baby is coming tomorrow. I am kind of in disbelief! You wait months, and then here it is! Emma, you have already brought such joy to mine and your Daddy's life, and we cannot wait to meet you, and kiss you, and love on you!
Please pray for our family tomorrow if you think about us. Please pray for Emma! She has passed all of her tests up to this point. We pray that she has ten fingers, ten toes, and is perfectly healthy. Please also pray for my blood pressure to stay down to a manageable range during labor and delivery. It is our desire for the labor to not last forever...of course! :) Please pray for God to take away my anxiety, so I can stay as calm as possible. I am very grateful for how much I have been monitored over the past 10 weeks, but it is very hard for me to have people "over me" 24/7. I know tomorrow will be the most monitored I have been in my life, so please say a prayer that this does not factor into my anxiety. Please also say a little prayer for Stephen. He is so excited! :)
We appreciate all your prayers! We know that the Lord, and the prayers of God's people, have carried us through this pregnancy. I cannot wait to update everyone on the arrival of Miss Emma Elyse Fountain!
Day 30: "My Everything" and "Always Enough"
10 years ago

2 comments:
Girl, you will be OKAY! I am definitely sending tons and tons of prayers up for ya'll. I can NOT wait to see Little Emma, and just how amazingly beautiful she is going to be. Hang in there hun, you're in for a long night, I hardly slept a wink the night before my D-Day. But it is so worth it in the end! Praying for you a bunch!!!
Erin, I am so excited for you and Stephen! I am praying for you right now! Praying for a wonderful, easy delivery, healthy baby girl and calm parents! :) You are being covered in prayers today!
Love,
Meredith
Post a Comment