Saturday, July 17, 2010

1 Month Old!


Emma Elyse, you are 1 month old today...July 17, 2010!
  I think this has been the fastest month of my life. I'm pretty sure I just blinked and July happened. Let's see, what are you up to these days???

* You are a little over 8 pounds. Your Daddy "weighed" you this morning on our scale. This is quite the jump from the 5 pounds 6 ounces you dropped to by your 4th day of life.

* You are a good eater! During the day you eat about every 3 hours. At night you will go about 4-5 hours, except last night when you literally woke up every 3 hours on the dot. We are hoping that was a one-night deal. You get the hiccups ALL THE TIME! They look so painful, but you had them all the time in the womb. They make your Daddy sad, and he hates when you get them



* You wear newborn size clothes. They are just getting to where they look like the fit you. You are such a petite little girl, and everyone calls you a babydoll because you are so tiny with tiny little features. You have the shortest legs. They look very much like my legs.You have outgrown the pajamas MawMaw bought you in the hospital. They were an "up to 7 lbs." size. This actually made me sad because even though you were growing, you looked adorable in that teeny outfit.

* You wear newborn size diapers. I am utterly amazed at how many diapers a dainty little princess can go through. You HATE to have your diaper changed. You make me feel like I am seriously abusing you, and it doesn't matter how fast or slow I change you.

* You are very alert and don't like to be laid down when there is a crowd. You lift your head up when we hold you and just look all around. You also try to "find us" when we talk to you!  My heart melts when you look me in the eyes when I am talking or singing to you. You would rather have somebody hold you up, so you can see everybody...Your Papa John tells me this is because you are very observant! I guess he thinks you are pretty smart already!



*You make the funniest faces and noises that your Daddy and I could watch for hours. We love when you stretch and scrunch up your face. We just laugh and laugh! You are such a snuggler, and this is one of my favorite things about you because I am a snuggler too, and so is your Daddy. I hope you are always like this because it makes my Mommy heart happy!

* You actually have some hair. You have way more than I had when I was born. It is blonde and looks lighter or darker depending on the light. It is short on top and long in the back. Your Uncles like to tease you about having a mullet. Don't worry...you are still beautiful, even with a baby mullet!

* Over the past month, we have fallen head over hills in love for you, Emma! You are the joy of our lives. I could hold you and look at you all day, and it would never get old! :) Your Daddy rushes home much faster than he ever did when it was just me. I love to hear him tell you how pretty you are, over and over again. You two seem to be pretty fond of each other.






* Oh, and here is your mad face. I just had to add it. I hate to admit it, but sometimes it makes me laugh too! Don't worry it breaks my heart even more, especially when your little arms and legs get to kicking!

I can't wait to see what's in store for Month 2!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

She is perfect Erin!!