Sunday, September 26, 2010

2 Months!!!


(Pictures To Come!!!)
Dear Emma,

Mommy is super behind on posting your 2 month letter. In fact, you are already 3 months old, so that makes me super far behind. Life has been super crazy busy, but it is so much sweeter with you in it. Let's see, what happened in your 2nd month?

You are still in newborn diapers. This is good because we still have so many newborn diapers. In the beginning of this month, you were still eating every three hours. Lately you have transitioned to every 4 hours which is AWESOME! Who knew one extra hour could make such a difference? You were still waking up 2 times at night to eat, but by the second week I was at work, you were only waking up once...:)

2nd Month Highlights...

We took you to the pool for the first time. You absolutely loved it! You were the most calm baby I have ever seen. You just chilled out as Daddy and I walked around with you in the pool. We took you back about a week later, and you loved it just the same.

We switched you to the MAM pacifier, and WOW, you love that thing! I am wondering what we did without it. You also got a terrible case of baby acne. Your daddy was worried it would never go away, but it finally did. You were still as beautiful as ever!

We started to see some real genuine smiles, and you are definitely recognizing us! :)

I was very sad at the end of this month because I went back to work. Being a Mommy changes everything. I have heard someone say that being a Mother is like having your heart walking around outside of your body, and I did not like leaving my heart at home. I learned to get my work done at school, so I could come home and play with my favorite little girl.You made this transition with great ease, while I did not. I cried at work and at home. There were times your Daddy would ask me what was wrong, and I would just burst into tears. I was sad to the point of anger and resentment. I really had to ask God to get me through the first couple of weeks. I know this is just a season.

We learned that the song "How He Loves" by David Crowder calms you down and even puts you to sleep if you are tired. I had heard people say that babies recognize songs they hear in the womb. I was definitely a skeptic, but it is SO true! We sang this song all the time when I was pregnant and I played it in the car every where we went. The song is so soothing, but I love the words most of all. I pray you will grow to learn the power of the love of God and His grace!

1 comment:

The Spears said...

Your an awesome Mom!!!!!