Saturday, May 29, 2010

"These are a Few of My Favorite Things!"

Yesterday at Kelly's Korner was Show Us Your Life-Things That You Love. I decided to put them in a top ten list...

1. This Man! Here he is with our niece Madison. She was about 3-4 months old, and we got to babysit her while my BIL and SIL looked for houses when they moved up here. It sure was good practice for the newlyweds. This picture was just a foreshadowing of our life 3 years from then! Look how natural he looks! :)



2. This Little Girl! Isn't she so cute? :) This is her very first picture. I will never forget this day as Stephen and I watched our baby dance on the screen with a beautiful beating heart! That is a top five moment for our marriage. I can also guarantee you that there is absolutely no black space anymore. It is all baby and limbs that kick and punch...sometimes quite painfully! I can't wait to meet this little person that I already feel so bonded with!



3. My other family members. I honestly am more grateful for my mom since the time I became pregnant. She has been a constant rock and support. She has been incredibly helpful with cleaning, running errands, making me feel good about myself, etc. We probably spend more time with our family than anyone else, so I guess it is a good thing we like them!

4. Scripture and Prayer have never been more real in my life, and I need them everyday! I am sure I will need them even more when our child enters the world. I pray she knows the power of scripture and learns the love of our Savior!

5. Get Togethers with Friends. I love getting together with friends whether it is other married couples or just a group of my girlfriends. What I love about my girlfriends is that I can go X amount of time without seeing them, and we always seem to pick up where we have left off. I love being together and laughing the night away!


6. Sweet Treats! If you have never been to Tutti Frutti...GO! I just can't figure out why people would go to boring old Bruster's when they can go get self-serve frozen yogurt and pile it with any topping imaginable. I loved this place before I became pregnant, but it is even better now! It is a good thing we do not live right by this tasty treat! I LOVE just a plain old icedream cone from Chick-Fil-A. It is so refreshing and light. Something not so light that I also love is the brace yourself, tall, decaf, non-fat white mocha, iced, with whip from the one and only Starbuck's. The last sweet treat that tops my list is the M&M cookie from Great American Cookie Company! Lord, please help me have self control with the above items post-pregnancy. Otherwise, I will never be the size I was before! I have a MAJOR sweet tooth. My family laughs at me because whenever we go to a restaurant, I always look at the dessert menu first...I just cannot help myself!

7. Fun Outings with Family or Friends. I love to do fun activities, especially in the summer like The Stone Mountain Laser Show, Braves Games, and things like that. They are the best on a warm summer's night because everyone is so relaxed and content. We won't be going on vacation this summer, but we will be doing some of the fun activities listed above, although we will have to pack much more gear when we go!

8. Pedicures minus the scrubby thing they rub across your arch. I will endure those few seconds for the relaxation and pretty toes at the end.

9. Complete Housework. I love when my house is completely clean and laundry is caught up. It makes me feel so accomplished and gives me a sense of pride. I wish I could say that I feel like this all the time because my house is always sparkling clean, but you know I am not perfect!

10. Kirkland's/Hobby Lobby/TJ Maxx Home Goods. I am no interior decorator, but I do love finding things for our house. I have had a great time putting our house together over the last year. It is nowhere close to done and needs more work. What I love about these stores is that the decorations are inexpensive, for the most part. You can buy a few items for not a lot of money and really feel like you have added to your home!

So, there you have it! :)

No comments: