Tuesday, May 18, 2010

April Deja-Vu

On Tuesday, May 11th, (32 weeks and 4 days) I went back to my doctor's office for a check. I had not been in 2 weeks. My blood pressure was back up, so I was sent back to the hospital for monitoring. The good thing is that this time I knew the drill. I was not filled with near as much anxiety. My BP went down very quickly as I settled down in the hospital bed. I was so calm, I almost fell asleep. My labs came back fine, and I was once again sent back home. It felt like deja-vu because it was seriously a month, to the day, that I went in for monitoring the first time.

We had a follow-up with Dr. Wiist on Friday. My BP was down from Tuesday.  Dr. Wiist decided to change my medicine. He also made plans to go back to the twice/week checks. We would have bio-physical profiles in the early week and Non-stress tests later in the week. He would also take labwork every week. We had our first NST that day. This is where you lay in a chair hooked up to a fetal monitor. You click a button, much like being on a game show, anytime the baby moves. The test last for 10-15 minutes, and they are looking for accelerations of the heart to indicate good movement. Emma passed the test! She always does wonderfully. Now, if we could just get her Mommy to pass her tests we would really be doing good!!!

Dr. Wiist's goal is to get me to 36/37 weeks.  As long as my labs continue to stay clear, this will be easy. He has also prepared us that any time my labs are not clear to be ready to head to the hospital. He has assured us that the baby's viability is not a concern at this point, and she looks great. We are much better off at this point than where we were a month ago. He just wants to buy us time, so Emma will get to go home when we go home. The longer I can go, the less chance she will spend time in the NICU. That is our biggest prayer! In the meantime, we will be making sure we have all our essentials. We are going to use gift cards to buy our Stroller/carseat combo and pack n' play this week.

1 comment:

The Pyron Family said...

Erin and Stephen,
I was excited to stumble onto your blog. I knew that you guys were expecting, but not sure of the due date. I am so excited for you! Tell everyone we said hello.

Boyd, DeAndra and boys