One would think being out of work would do wonders for my humble little blog, and I would update everyday. My desire is to be more disciplined and document this precious journey, but I am failing!!! :) Ha! Two weeks ago today, Stephen and I went to my Doctor's office for the biophysical profile and checkup. My prayer leading to this appointment was for Emma to be growing despite my blood pressure issues. We went in for the ultrasound. Being the inquisitive teacher that I am, I asked the ultrasound tech what she was looking for. She told us that she looks for eight different movements. They give the baby 30 minutes to make these so called movements. The ultrasound tech told us every time Emma "got a check." The ultrasound tech kept laughing at me because I kept saying she better do well because she's a teacher's kid. Of course, I will always be proud of Emma no matter what! Emma scored an 8/8 on her very first test. If they did a print out, I would be sure to put her "test" on my fridge like a proud Mommy! We were also ensured that Emma is in fact an Emma! I said, "That's a relief because her room is pink and green, and her name and monogram are on EVERYTHING!" They estimated her weight at 3 lbs. 10 oz. She is quite the baby already for just 30 weeks!
After the ultrasound, I had the dreaded blood pressure check. Much to our amazement, my BP had gone down even more! Stephen and I both praised the Lord! It was the lowest it has been for my entire pregnancy. This check causes me such ridiculous anxiety (anxiety obviously doesn't help with BP), so to help I was literally reading Psalms while she did the check. I was reading...The Lord is my light and my salvation, who shall I fear? The scriptures helped me to remain more calm than ever. I am constantly being reminded how powerful and mighty our God is! My labs also came back fine, and my weight gain was right on track. The Dr. we saw decided to cancel my appointments for the next two weeks because everything was looking so great. We left the office praising the creator of life!
I am still out of work, and I am resting as much as possible. We are still praying for a healthy baby and Mommy! God is in complete control, and it is our prayer that He gives us the desires of our heart!
Day 30: "My Everything" and "Always Enough"
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment