Monday, May 10, 2010

32 Week Update...

How far along? 32 weeks 4 days


Maternity clothes? Do they make any other clothes? My SIL bought some cute clothes from Old Navy, and I am excited about being able to update my wardrobe once my body goes back to normal...okay well a new normal!

Stretch marks? Ummm, they have arrived, but not in full force! They are small, for now, and found on the sides of my hips. I am actually surprisingly okay with this because I know it means my little girl is growing. I am willing to stretch my body for her. I would love it if they stayed on my lower hips, so they could be covered at all times, although I am not a midriff-baring kind of person, so it really doesn't matter. ;)

Sleep? Hello insomnia! You are my new best friend...NOT! Two weeks ago I was literally awake until 3 a.m. I have not stayed up that late in years! Most nights are not that bad, but I do have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep. My bladder likes to wake me up 1-2 times a night. I have also woken up a few times from hunger. Heartburn is my major deterrent from sleep. I can fall asleep on the couch, but the second I decide to walk to the bedroom and really goes to sleep, the burning erupts from deep in my throat. I have to fall asleep sitting up most nights, and no it doesn't matter what I eat, how late I eat, or what I take. I had acid reflux before I got pregnant, and pregnancy take sit to a whole new level.

Best moment this month? Seeing Emma for another ultrasound.  My doctor's office does not do ultrasounds past 20 weeks unless there are issues. So, I guess the ONE perk to having an issue is seeing your child again. We were thankful to get a good report from our scan. Getting the nursery together sure has been fun! I actually think Stephen is enjoying putting everything together. The nursery decor is coming in piece by piece, and I can't wait for it to all come together. I also had a family/friends shower at my house. It was a wonderful day with so many special people.

Movement? Still kicking! That is why she did so good on her test! Her mouth was also moving a lot on the ultrasound. When I told friends that, they said she was already giving attitude! I said she just likes talking, and doesn't know when to stop...like her Daddy! But hey, as much as I don't care for attitude, I'll take feisty if it is keeping her in the womb!

Food cravings: Eating is just not as much fun in the third trimester like it was in the 2nd trimester. For one thing, everything (including water) gives you indigestion. Secondly, a few bites of food make me feel like I can't breathe. The only problem is I am still hungry!!! Ha! It's a no win situation but very worth it! I still love granola, and I love cereal!

Gender: Girl for sure!

Labor Signs: None really! I actually  had more braxton hicks in my 6th month.
Belly Button in or out? Still in! My belly button only come close to poking out after I eat. But trust me, I am growing (see stretch mark comments above).

Wedding rings on or off? Since I spend the majority of my time indoors, they are still on!

What I miss? I have never been a stomach sleeper, but since I can't lay on my tummy I all of a sudden want to. In one of my hormonal insomnia moments, I told Stephen he could not lay on his stomach because I couldn't. He did not take me seriously, and drifted off to sleep on his tummy. :) I also miss bending over and picking things up with ease, especially while I am sitting in chair. It is nearly impossible! Getting out of a chair is also fun!

What I am looking forward to? Completing the nursery and having my school and church shower. I am really trying to enjoy my last few moments with just me and Stephen. He is my best friend, and we have had the most fun marriage. He has been my rock, emotional support, and humor relief for this pregnancy. May 19th is our third anniversary. At my shower, my SIL had everyone write advice cards for the Mommy-to-be. My mom's advice was to remember that Stephen was here first, and he is my husband and helpmate. My prayer is that I would always show him the love and devotion he deserves. I cannot wait to see him with his little girl. He will be THE BEST Daddy! Emma is super blessed!

1 comment:

The Johnsons said...

awesome advice from your mom! I did not think I could ever love Matt more than I already did...then we had Ethan. Watching a new daddy with his baby is priceless!

~Whitney Johnson